I am leaving today for Rabat, Morocco, to teach a course of “Introduction to the Bible” at Al Mowafaqa Institute.
Here are the questions I will cover:
- Where Do Our Bibles Come From? The Genealogy of the Biblical Text.
- How Was the Bible Written? Literary Genres and Devices.
- What Books Are in the Bible? Survey of the Biblical Books.
- What Does the Bible Recount? The Biblical Stories.
- Where and When Was the Bible Born? The Biblical World.
- How to Understand the Bible? The Interpretation of Scriptures.
These fundamental questions will be the individual chapters of my course, which I will teach on July 17–21, 2017. If you can’t come, you will find a similar course on my YouTube eLearning channel (“Traversée de la Bible”). 😉
I will limit myself, on some aspects, to pre-Christian writings (the “Old Testament”) since my course will be followed by an Introduction to the New Testament by Paulin Poucouta, priest and professor at the Catholic University of Central Africa.
Besides this course, I will also give a conference on “The Bible in Light of Archaeology,” so even if you can’t attend the course, don’t miss this conference! 😉
The Al Mowafaqa Ecumenical Institute of Theology, offers a university training in Christian Theology accredited by the Catholic University of Paris (for Catholic students) and the University of Strasbourg (for Protestant and Evangelical students). To apply, please visit almowafaqa.com.
5 thoughts on “Introduction to the Bible, in Morocco on July 17-21, 2017”
Bienvenu on vous attend avec impatience !
Que Dieu te bénisse richement.
Photo de classe !
J’espère que vous aurez l’occasion de profiter “studieusement” de la merveilleuse cuisine marocaine; nourritures de l’esprit & du corps en somme.
C’était un bon moment passé avec vous.